Monday, June 4, 2007

More Bikes for Sale




I'd mentioned previously that I have several other bikes or frames that I'd like to sell. A couple of people asked if I'd post a few pictures, so here goes...

Click on the small photos to supersize.

The picture on top is a late 70s (?) Richard Sachs. It's currently disassembled - I'm offering just the frame and fork. It's 56cm c-t with a 56 top tube. I'm a little ambivalent about selling this one, I may just have it repainted. But if the right offer comes along... I should mention that the rear has been cold set to 130 so it will take current wheels - as you can see by the DuraAce and Ultegra nine speed group in the picture. For some people that's a deal killer, for others a plus. Personally, I like to ride and prefer Ergo/STI shifting so it's a plus. If you feel differently, it was done by a previous owner along with the red repaint, so don't yell at me.

Next up is a Ritchey Road Logic -



Again, this is not a complete bike - in this case frame/fork, Shimano 600 headset and Shimano Octalink triple BB.
I'm guessing the vintage as around 90-91. Paint is pretty rough. Lots of scratches and some touched up with a white that doesn't match. Very nice riding bike though. I think these bikes are very underrated. These are built by Toyo, the same company that builds Rivendell Atlantises, Rambouillets, etc., and then finish work by Tom Ritchey himself (or so I've read). There's some nice touches here that don't show in the picture, like a fillet under the down tube/head TIG weld to add a little strength and the seattube swages into the bottom bracket to stiffen that area. Enough sales pitch - check out the Serotta forum to hear some independent comments on this bike.

Last for now - Dave Moulton Fuso.



Pretty frame, don't you think? Man, I really need to repaint that wall! anyway ... This is 55 c-c seattube, 56 top tube. Which is a 56 by Dave's method of measuring. You can find out plenty about this one from Dave's website and blog. We've got two other frames by Dave in the house so this one is available, but I'm not in a hurry to see it leave.

Dave Moulton's website: http://www.prodigalchild.net/Bicycle.htm

Dave's blog: http://davesbikeblog.blogspot.com/

and Richard Sach's website: http://www.richardsachs.com/

That's enough shilling for now. If you're interested or want more info, leave a comment or drop me an email.

- taz

2 comments:

Unknown said...

taz- missed the picnic, but I'm on the ITC list so...I've got a question about bikes - do you have any smaller bikes? A friend of mine is about 5'3" and is looking for a used bike to commute downtown to GSU. - jv

taz said...

JV,

I've got one frame/fork that's about a 48cm seattube. I think it's a bike boom era Shogun (or some other generic Japanese bike) but probably decent Cro-Mo tubes. It's up in my attic for a few years. Not a complete bike, but I have some parts and Charlie or Byron could probably hook you up with more. Should make a decent single speed or fixed commuter for cheap/free. Let me know if you're interested and I'll pull it down and get more details.

- taz