Saturday, June 16, 2007

annoyances

Wednesday I got a notice in the mail that I had a package of some sort that I needed to sign for. I was a little puzzled because I wasn't expecting anything although I occasionally buy bikie stuff on ebay or swap with friends. I didn't pay attention to the sender name, just signed the slip and stuck it back in my mailbox wondering what forgotten goodie would show up Friday.

Get home this evening and 'shit!' - my bike goodie had turned into a registered letter for Jury Duty. Great! Oh well, it's not the first time. In fact, this is the fourth time in about 10 years. Isn't that a little high? If there's 5 million people in the metro Atlanta area, there's gotta be at least a million in Fulton County. Maybe I should play the lottery? Anyway - the last three weren't a big deal. One pool on standby for half a day before being dimissed, a civil trial where I was released during voir dere, and another standby pool that was cancelled the day before court. No actual trials.

So while I'll muttering to myself and sorting through the other mail, I think - wait a minute - I don't remember getting a registered letter before. I open the summons and find I've been selected for Grand Juror duty. 'SHIT!' Every Tuesday and Friday for the next two months, starting July 3rd. So much for a long 4th weekend... It's a good thing my big trips for the year have already happened. I guess that explains the registered letter. Can't pull a 'lost in the mail' excuse for not showing up.

And what's wrong with my damn DSL? Since Monday I haven't been able to stay connected for longer than 15 minutes and after 9pm it goes dead completely. Not dead exactly, the DSL modem shows a connection, but doesn't respond or show any activity when I tried to logon. hmm... Is it capacity, bad phone line, or what? Works fine in the mornings for Stacy, but let me try to check email and nothing... (Earthlink btw)

Okay - as problems go, these are not that bad. I'm sure everyone has worse - I do. Just a littttle extra aggravation to add spice to the week.

cool song of the day:

The Man Of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts - Sufjan Stevens

and one from yesterday since I couldn't get online:

She Comes in Colors - Love

later,
taz

No comments: