Friday, July 13, 2007

some stuff to read...

and other miscellaneous junk...

Stumbled across this blog the other day - bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com. Fun stuff in a cynical, mean-spirited way. Which is, of course, my favorite way. But only if I agree with you.

If you ride a bike, you gotta read this:
http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2007/07/six-signs-you-may-be-missing-entire.html.

This guy must be reading my mind. I try to be one of those 'anybody on a bike is a good thing' people, but sometimes you see something that makes you go 'what the hell are they thinking?'

If you read this and laugh, you get it. If you read it and get pissed off/insulted/pout, take a look in the mirror. A little tough love can be a good thing. Note to BikeSnob: don't apologize, you know you're right. And yeah, I'm guilty of #6 - I've posted pictures of my bikes, but I'm not intimidated by my bikes... (really... No, really. I'm not - c'mon - okay, maybe just a little.)

By the way... if you haven't noticed by now, I way overuse the ellipsis. You know, that three period punctuation symbol to indicate a pause or incomplete thought ... see - that one. I have a lot of incomplete thoughts. You're probably thinking 'he uses too many hyphens and parentheses too'. Well, don't expect that to change anytime soon. If it bothers you, send a note to BikeSnobNYC. I'm sure he'll give you something else to worry about.

While I'm rambling, I should point out another bloggish type useful service. JimG has a website that aggregates interesting cycling blogs, whatever that means. (no, don't explain - I know what it means). Look for it at yojimG.net Most of my page views have come from a link on his page (all 5 of them). Yo! JimG, when's that Bontrager Registry gonna happen?

Hmm, I think I've got a seventh sign for the BikeSnob: obsessively searching the web for esoteric bike info instead of actually riding your (my) bike.

If you're still with me this far - go read Tarik's blog. He's got some pictures of a Corsican fish dominatrix. I go to Corsica and get a picture of a train, Tarik goes and gets piscine scented rubber fetishists. I had a chance to snap a picture of a fisherman that looked like Roger Daltry, but I blew it - dead camera batteries.

Anyway, here's my picture of the L'Ile Rousse-Calvi express:
Yes, I actually took a round trip on this - twice.

later,
Taz

1 comment:

Tarik Saleh said...

right on! I have some train photos too, soon... The key is taken 400 pics over 10 days and then allowing the magic 2% to come forth... And paying attention when you see a swordfish head, it is a harbinger of interesting future things...