Saturday, August 25, 2007

recent bike rides

The heat in Atlanta lately has kept my riding to a minimum, but I was able to join a few short group rides this weekend and last.

The conclusion of the Intown Touring architecture ride, cut short by rain last month, was earlier today. Although coolish when we started at 9am, the sun broke through again and was mid 90's by the time I got back to my car. (yes - I drove to the start.)

No pics this time, but I did have two (!) flats.

Last week, a few friends and I had our occasional "vintage" ride - this time to Stone Mountain. I put vintage in quotes because the average age of the bikes on the outing was probably 30 years old. And that's only because of the 1940's Bianchi in attendance. Although not as vintage as some Cinelli/Masi-philes would like, this ride had some pretty choice iron.

Nick Z's new Peg - very sweet bike.

Roman's purple Richard Sachs

my yellow '87 Richard Sachs

1940's Bianchi

a closer look at that drivetrain

On the ride but no pictures: a pretty lugged Bianchi in the traditional celeste and Phil's (?) red DeRosa

- taz

No comments: