Saturday, June 14, 2008

cirque '08

Attended Cirque again last week. This year was the big move to Leesburg, VA. Flew in this year instead of driving so I didn't have a bike with me or parts for the swap (made packing a lot easier though). Took fewer pictures as well. Big thank you to J.Barry for letting me borrow a bike for the Saturday ride...

So here are the pics I managed to take...

Click on the little pic to get a BIG one

Pretty 80s'ish Richard Sachs. Don't understand the rack though. A rear rack on a Sachs is kind of like a roof rack on a Ferrari. Updated with new Campy go fast stuff too.(?) Put some black tires and white saddle/tape on this and it would be stunning. (Yeah, I know my yellow bike above could benefit from the same help)

Another amazing JP Weigle - similar but not the same as the NAHBS one

Modern interpretation of a Rene Herse racer. Nicely done and even better up close. Still rather see this with Mark Nobilette's name...

Another Weigle, with a few miles on it. I think this one is for sale (maybe?) check the CR list archive for details. Mariposa lurking in the background.

Dave Wages, formerly of Waterford Cycles, showed a couple of clean fixed gears. Behind it, a Sachs cross.

Yet another Weigle randonneur.

Johnny Coast (nice guy too!)

Peter Gilbert's Bruce Gordon. I want this bike.

Pre-"Fat City" Chris Chance. Don't see these too often. (Although if you would like to own one in a 55cm, drop me a line. I might be able to hook you up.)

'82 Sachs

Peter Gilbert's new acquisition. Photo blurred to protect the builder. Actually, another 80s Sachs with a questionable repaint. I think Peter's considering a second repaint in a white/red panel look. I concur.

Bilenky portuer - impressive but next year I wanna see some type of refrigeration.

No comments: