Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cool Song of the Month


Haven't listed any new songs in a while. Mostly just listening to Radiohead and Wilco 'cause I haven't changed the CD tray in the Passat for a couple of months.

Anyway - while listening to NPR earlier this week, I caught an interview with a band called 'Dengue Fever'. Cambodian Rock/Pop from the 60's played by a couple of 21st century California guys and a Cambodian chanteuse. Think the Surfari's crossed with Madame Butterfly, Gidget Goes to the Mekong Delta or something.

Tracked down a couple of MP3s and I'm hooked. Check out 'Shave Your Beard' and 'New Year's Eve'. Before you know it, you'll be dancing the Jerk and daydreaming about crawling through the jungle with an M16 on your back heading to a Vietnamese brothel.

whatever - just check it out.

Yo Tarik! I know you hip New Mexicalis have been all over this for years now, let me know whacha think...

- taz

3 comments:

Tarik Saleh said...

Ok, I admit it, I have heard of them, but not in a while. Now give me some Yma Sumac, yum ymu!

The question begs, Why me?

taz said...

Because, besides my mom, you're the only non-spammer to read this.

Okay - that's a fib. My mom doesn't read this blog.

By the way, do you ever ride around in little minature Ford Mustangs?

- taz

Tarik Saleh said...

Aha! so I must be.

I was about to ask why you were suspecting that I was a shriner, but I then thought to perhaps look at your blog again. Never mind.

You have some high end shriners down there in atlanta.